This university module consisted of 3 projects, where we needed were required to model, texture and light both an exterior/studio and an interior scene to a photorealistic standard.
For this part of the lighting module, I decided that I wanted to replicate a product studio render, so I modelled my pc speakers and set up a light rig based on some research into product photography.
Texturing wise, I used all procedural textures within Arnold, as I didn’t feel I needed the full feature set of Substance Painter to obtain the look I wanted. Working purely inside of Maya with Arnold streamlined my workflow and allowed me to create iterations much more quickly.
I think that overall, the final render I produced matched the references I found during the researching phase and it meets the criteria I outlined which I found was the fundamentals of a studio render.